Due to the rotating friction, the electric slip ring will be worn and heated during use, which is easy to cause damage. Therefore, some slip ring manufacturers will use some conductive lubricating grease on the contact surface to make the slip ring more durable. The following is an introduction to the role and selection of the lubricating grease of the electric slip ring.
If conductive grease is applied to the slip ring contacts, those fine surfaces that do not touch each other become conductors, and the contact resistance is greatly reduced, thereby enhancing the electrical conductivity of the contacts and the device.
Conductive grease is a highly conductive grease refined by a special process using special base oil, thickened with ultra-fine metal silver ion polymer, and added with various additives such as anti-oxidation and anti-corrosion.Because conductive lubricating grease has outstanding electrical and thermal conductivity, it also has good waterproof and anti-corrosion properties. Therefore, it can provide good electrical conductivity, thermal conductivity, lubrication and protection for the electric slip ring, and can maintain low-impedance electrical contact and reduce electromagnetic interference noise.
When choosing electric slip ring lubricating grease, there are the following precautions:
1. It can reduce resistance, increase conductivity, anti-oxidation, anti-corrosion, and anti-moisture;
2. It has lubricity and chemical stability, and is not easy to pollute the plating solution;
3. High temperature does not melt, low temperature does not harden, mutual extrusion does not solidify;
4. Good abrasion resistance and adhesion, effectively improving the energization performance of the metal contact surface;
5. Excellent chemical inertness and water resistance.
Although conductive grease can play a very good lubrication effect, but when used on electric slip rings, there will be greater potential hidden dangers. Please continue to pay attention to our technical documentation updates for details.
Post time: Nov-27-2021